This web site contains information, photographs and graphics that are protected by Australian copyright laws, trademark or other proprietary rights of FESAus including but not limited to product names, logos and designs. The compilation, organization and display of the content are the exclusive property of FESAus. Reproduction of any part of this web site in any format requires explicit written permission from FESAus.
You Might also like
As of 2009, the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia has an Education Ambassador in its committee. The Ambassador is a senior Formation Evaluation professional who is keen to communicate to young adults and students his enthusiasm for the discipline and the industry, and to share some of his insights and stories.
This year’s Education Ambassador is Hugh Crocker. He can be contacted by writing to email@example.com.Post Views: 3,030
PPPEDIA was a project initially started by the Data Standards and Best Practices Group in 2006. It aimed to address some of the Frequently Asked Questions which Formation Evaluation professionals have or get.
The project started as a community-built online reference which we had called PPPEDIA, for PetroPhysics encycloPEDIA. Subsequently the project was migrated to Wikipedia as a Wikiproject on Formation Evaluation.
For reference, here are some of the questions which we felt should be addressed:
Post Views: 3,593
- Depth: which curve to use as reference?
- How to structure a logging program?
- How to structure a core analysis program?
- How to structure a well log interpretation report
- What remarks to put on the log header?
- Rw catalogue for Western Australia? (on-going)
- Rw: methods for Rw in the hydrocarbon zone
- Laterolog vs. Induction
- Overview of versions and vintages of logging tools
- Good practices: units, e.g. PU, W/W, V/V, G/CC, G/C3, etc
- Overview of drilling mud names, additives, LCM
- Log header: Time Since Circulation
- Recommended log processing sequence
- Definitions of porosity
- How to edit logs?
- How to determine the correct scales for N-D logs?
- How to choose cutoffs?
- Which GR do I pick as reference for the well?
- What information to record during and after a logging job?
- What does this mud additive / LCM do to my logs?
- How to “integrate” core data to a log interpretation?
- How to “normalize” log data?
- How to “normalize” core data?
- What is this log mnemonic?
- What is does this log parameter do?
- What is “stick-and-pull” and what to do about it?
- How accurate is MWD depth?
- In what sequence was the log recorded?
- Well / hole naming conventions?
- How to define the required lab conditions for core analysis?
The composition of the FESAus committee for 2016 is listed below.
You can contact any of these people by sending a message to admin @ fesaus.org, mentioning the intended addressee in the Subject.
FESAus Position Name Professional Affiliation PresidentNariman Nouri
Shell Development Australia
Vice-President & Company ComplianceAdrian Manescu Baker Hughes TreasurerWesley Emery Consultant SecretaryLeanne Brennan Administrator Past PresidentMike Walker Walker Petrophysics FESAus Company Secretary
Assistant TreasurerCallum Rideout
Task Geoscience Inter-Society LiaisonYang Xingwang Schlumberger Monthly Tech. Meeting
Shell Development Australia New Tech. Forum CoordinatorBen van Deijl Woodside Jean Louden Woodside Interstate RepresentativesLouise Christensen (Victoria) ExxonMobilCarrie Trembath (South Australia) Beach Petroleum Barbara Stummer (South Australia) SantosNariman Nouri (Western Australia) Shell Development Australia Matt Dubsky (New South Wales) Oil Search LtdHarris Khan (New South Wales) Oil Search LtdThomas Gan (Queensland) Shell / Arrow EnergyEric Tenthorey (ACT) CO2CRC /
Education GroupGerry McGann Incremental Oil and Gas Zuraidah Zuraidah SantosMatthew Josh CSIRO Petroleum Hugh Crocker Scholarship AwardGerry McGann
Incremental Oil and Gas
Membership CoordinatorScott Cole
Sponsorship CoordinatorAndrea Paxton
Jennie Carson Chevron Data standards & Best PracticesMartin Storey
Well Data QA
Yang Xingwang Schlumberger Special Events & Awards / Compliance Coordinator(vacant) Audio-Visual TeamNigel Deeks Schlumberger WebsiteScott Cole ChevronMartin Storey Well Data QA Social CoordinatorLeanne Brennan AdministratorPost Views: 4,154