This web site contains information, photographs and graphics that are protected by Australian copyright laws, trademark or other proprietary rights of FESAus including but not limited to product names, logos and designs. The compilation, organization and display of the content are the exclusive property of FESAus. Reproduction of any part of this web site in any format requires explicit written permission from FESAus.
You Might also like
We would like to invite you to support The Formation Evaluation Society of Australia (FESAus). The support you provide is very valuable and enables us to continue providing technical presentations and courses to disseminate up to date information and technical know-how amongst the oil and gas community throughout Australia.
We provide monthly technical presentation events, annual technology and workshop forums (known as our master class events) that attract a variety of professionals from all parts of the industry. We also provide training courses and encourage graduates through the active participation of the society in the academic community. To this end we have the Hugh Crocker Scholarship, an annual grant of up to five thousand Australian dollars, awarded to the most promising student applicant in order to assist in the development of their technical research.
The majority of the events are videoed and documented to become a valuable resource for the wider Australian and global community on our website as FESAus webcasts. The website in itself has become a valuable resource within the Petroleum industry. From our count, the website has attracted several thousand referrals from around 150 cities representing every major petroleum province in the world.
FESAus offers the following sponsorship options:
- $ 5,000.00 AUD (excl. GST) FESAus Sponsorship Package
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) Annual FESAus Website Sponsorship: with your logo on the website home page, linked as per your specification
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) Monthly Technical Meeting Sponsorship : exclusive opportunity
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) Monthly Technical Meeting Webcast Sponsorship
- $ 750.00 AUD (excl. GST) Monthly Technical Meeting & Webcast Sponsorship Combined
- $ 1000.00 AUD (excl. GST) New Technology Forum Sponsorship (presenter): mandatory for all presenting companies, limited to approx. nine companies, scheduled for September
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) New Technology Forum Sponsorship (non-presenter): limited to five companies, scheduled for September
- $ 1000.00 AUD (excl. GST) Master Class Event and Webcast Sponsorship : limited to five companies, scheduled for Q3
More specific details on each specific sponsorship package and a downloadable FESAus Sponsorship Booking Form are available here.
Sponsorship payments can be made online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.comPost Views: 5,448
PPPEDIA was a project initially started by the Data Standards and Best Practices Group in 2006. It aimed to address some of the Frequently Asked Questions which Formation Evaluation professionals have or get.
The project started as a community-built online reference which we had called PPPEDIA, for PetroPhysics encycloPEDIA. Subsequently the project was migrated to Wikipedia as a Wikiproject on Formation Evaluation.
For reference, here are some of the questions which we felt should be addressed:
Post Views: 3,983
- Depth: which curve to use as reference?
- How to structure a logging program?
- How to structure a core analysis program?
- How to structure a well log interpretation report
- What remarks to put on the log header?
- Rw catalogue for Western Australia? (on-going)
- Rw: methods for Rw in the hydrocarbon zone
- Laterolog vs. Induction
- Overview of versions and vintages of logging tools
- Good practices: units, e.g. PU, W/W, V/V, G/CC, G/C3, etc
- Overview of drilling mud names, additives, LCM
- Log header: Time Since Circulation
- Recommended log processing sequence
- Definitions of porosity
- How to edit logs?
- How to determine the correct scales for N-D logs?
- How to choose cutoffs?
- Which GR do I pick as reference for the well?
- What information to record during and after a logging job?
- What does this mud additive / LCM do to my logs?
- How to “integrate” core data to a log interpretation?
- How to “normalize” log data?
- How to “normalize” core data?
- What is this log mnemonic?
- What is does this log parameter do?
- What is “stick-and-pull” and what to do about it?
- How accurate is MWD depth?
- In what sequence was the log recorded?
- Well / hole naming conventions?
- How to define the required lab conditions for core analysis?
We are grateful to you for accepting to present at one of the FESAus Technical Meetings and look forward to your talk. Please note that the FESAus Monthly Technical Meetings are normally recorded on video so as to be made available to our membership nationwide through our website. Hence we request that:
- You accept that your presentation will be videotaped;
- You accept that the presentation will later be made available on the FESAus website in the form of a “webcast” (examples can be seen on www.fesaus.org under the “webcasts” tab);
- You agree to provide FESAus with a copy of your presentation in MS-PowerPoint format for FESAus to construct the webcast (this can be done simply by leaving a copy of the file on the FESAus presentation laptop after your talk, or giving a copy on a thumb drive to the FESAus Meeting coordinator).
We also request your cooperation so that:
- The number of slides given us should be the same number of slides as presented at FESAus.
- The sequence of the slides in the PowerPoint file should be the same as that presented.
- If the partial or complete content of any slide cannot be placed on the FESAus website, then please edit this slide by removing the confidential information and putting instead “CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION REMOVED” on the slide.
FESAus will inform you directly as soon as the webcast of your presentation is ready, so you have a chance to see it first.
On behalf of the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia’s membership, thank you very much.
Kindly confirm your acceptance of these terms by entering all of the information below and ticking “READ and UNDERSTOOD” button. A copy of this agreement will be mailed to the email address entered for your reference.Post Views: 3,945