A main mission of the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia is to promote the diffusion of knowledge on Formation Evaluation in many different ways.
Here are some of our related activities:
- Every year, FESAus awards the Hugh Crocker Scholarship to a full time post graduate student in Australia, who is undertaking a project: with relevance to Formation Evaluation, and that has scholastic merit.
- FESAus has an Education Ambassador who is a senior Formation Evaluation professional keen to communicate to young adults and students his enthusiasm for the discipline and the industry, and to share some of his insights and stories.
- Since 2009, the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia promotes a “Distinguished Lectures” series, to bring landmark lectures to audiences across Australia.
You Might also like
Become a member (or renew your current membership)
If you have an interest in Formation Evaluation and a link to Australia, we invite you to join the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia. For a very small yearly fee you will:
- be the first to know about the monthly technical meetings, the courses, and other events relating to Formation Evaluation in Australia,
- benefit from preferred rates for most of these events,
- be able to access member-only content such as recent webcasts of technical meetings,
- gain privileged access to a network of professionals and students of Formation Evaluation, from industry and academia.
Signing up and renewal are all done online, by selecting here the option that correspond to your situation:
- Become a FESAus member if you are not presently one (same for all including employed, students, retired, independents, etc)
- Become a FESAus member if you are not presently one but are an Australia-based SPWLA member in good standing
- Renew your current or just-lapsed FESAus membership (requires login)
- Renew your current or just-lapsed FESAus membership if you are an Australia-based SPWLA member in good standing (requires login)2016 only:
Membership to SPWLA for full-time students is fully sponsored by Baker-Hughes – follow instructions here.
SPWLA members: As the Australian Chapter of the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA), FESAus encourages and will support you to become a member of SPWLA also. If you are already a member of SPWLA in good standing for the membership period (see next point), and you are based in Australia, then your FESAus membership is free; however you must still register with FESAus, which is done online by clicking the 2nd link above.
Membership period: when you join the Society, your membership is for the current calendar year if you sign up by 30 September, and it is for the remainder of the year and the entire following year if you sign up after 30 September. Subsequent renewals are by calendar years.
Membership lapse: at the end of a calendar year, an email will be sent you to invite you to renew your membership. If you do not renew it, your membership account will be cancelled after a few months.
Membership renewal: membership renewal process is similar to the signup process, but without the need to create new username and password. Make sure you login first before clicking here to RENEW.
SPWLA members click here to renew your FESAus membership and follow instructions.
SPWLA membership vs. FESAus membership: to clarify, SPWLA membership entitles Australia-based members to FESAus membership upon request (2nd link above), but FESAus membership does not give you membership in SPWLA and you need to apply to SPWLA separately become an SPWLA member.
If you are having any problem with the online membership registration, please email webmaster @fesaus.org, with a brief description of the problem.Post Views: 4,350
We are grateful to you for accepting to present at one of the FESAus Technical Meetings and look forward to your talk. Please note that the FESAus Monthly Technical Meetings are normally recorded on video so as to be made available to our membership nationwide through our website. Hence we request that:
- You accept that your presentation will be videotaped;
- You accept that the presentation will later be made available on the FESAus website in the form of a “webcast” (examples can be seen on www.fesaus.org under the “webcasts” tab);
- You agree to provide FESAus with a copy of your presentation in MS-PowerPoint format for FESAus to construct the webcast (this can be done simply by leaving a copy of the file on the FESAus presentation laptop after your talk, or giving a copy on a thumb drive to the FESAus Meeting coordinator).
We also request your cooperation so that:
- The number of slides given us should be the same number of slides as presented at FESAus.
- The sequence of the slides in the PowerPoint file should be the same as that presented.
- If the partial or complete content of any slide cannot be placed on the FESAus website, then please edit this slide by removing the confidential information and putting instead “CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION REMOVED” on the slide.
FESAus will inform you directly as soon as the webcast of your presentation is ready, so you have a chance to see it first.
On behalf of the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia’s membership, thank you very much.
Kindly confirm your acceptance of these terms by entering all of the information below and ticking “READ and UNDERSTOOD” button. A copy of this agreement will be mailed to the email address entered for your reference.Post Views: 3,462
FESAus, the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia, is the Australian chapter of the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA). It was born in July 2007 of the integration of the Formation Evaluation societies of different states of Australia.
Its aims are to provide a technical monthly forum for geoscientists focused on all aspects of formation evaluation, from new tools available to new techniques and approaches to analysing reservoirs, and to encourage formation evaluation professionals to network.
In line with the founding principles of the SPWLA, FESAus is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the science of Petrophysics and Formation Evaluation, including well logging, coring, and other formation evaluation techniques and to the application of these techniques to the exploitation of gas, oil and other minerals, particularly in Australia.
FESAus also aims to provide information services to scientists in the Australian petroleum and mineral industries, to serve as a voice of shared interests in the profession, to play a major role in education in Petrophysics, and to increase awareness of the contribution of Petrophysics to the Oil and Gas industry.
Currently membership (2016) is over 150 geoscientists from all over Australia and beyond. Join our free mailing list to stay informed of our events and activities – or better yet: become a member and enjoy the benefits of FESAus membership. Membership is free for Australia-based SPWLA members in good standing.
We welcome your input, comments and feedback! Our contact address is P.O. Box 7081, Shenton Park, WA 6008, and our trading address is 40 Commercial Road, Shenton Park, Perth WA 6008, Australia.
We are proud that FESAus hosted the 51th SPWLA Annual Symposium in 2010 in Perth, Western Australia. Other flagship activities include:
- A yearly FESAus “New Technology Day”, in September, with alternating focus on software and hardware;
- A yearly FESAus “Student Day”, in October, with the award of FESAus’s Hugh Crocker Scholarship to support and encourage a particularly meritous student of Formation Evaluation in Australia;
- Regular “Master Classes” which we also aim to take to every capital city of the Australian Federation active in the oil and gas industry;
and more… Read about all this on this website.Post Views: 4,424