A main mission of the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia is to promote the diffusion of knowledge on Formation Evaluation in many different ways.
Here are some of our related activities:
- Every year, FESAus awards the Hugh Crocker Scholarship to a full time post graduate student in Australia, who is undertaking a project: with relevance to Formation Evaluation, and that has scholastic merit.
- FESAus has an Education Ambassador who is a senior Formation Evaluation professional keen to communicate to young adults and students his enthusiasm for the discipline and the industry, and to share some of his insights and stories.
- Since 2009, the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia promotes a “Distinguished Lectures” series, to bring landmark lectures to audiences across Australia.
You Might also like
The Formation Evaluation Society of Australia has initiated a number of industry awards to recognize the exceptional work or contribution of some of our peers to the field of Formation Evaluation or to FESAus itself. Inaugural awards were given out during the Awards Ceremony at the 2010 SPWLA Annual Conference, held in Perth.
The “Medal of Honor for Career Service” is awarded to an individual in recognition of their extraordinary and long term service to the FESAus Society and to the promotion of Formation Evaluation.
The “Distinguished Service Award” is awarded to an individual in recognition of their outstanding service to the FESAus Society.
FESAus Medal of Honour for Career Service was awarded to Hugh Crocker in 2010, in recognition of his untiring, enthusiastic support and promostion of Formation Evaluation over the years. This award is also a Honorary Life-time Membership to FESAus.
FESAus Distinguished Service Award was awarded to Martin Storey in 2010, in recognition of his outstanding work in FESAus with regards to the construction and update of the FESAus website, his involvement with the creation and registration of FESAus as a national entity, the SPWLA wiki Glossary project, and generally for his willingness and readiness to help and provide support where ever possible, to whom so ever requires it in matters concerning FESAus.Post Views: 3,358
Every year, FESAus awards the Hugh Crocker Scholarship to a full time MSc or PhD student in Australia, who is undertaking a project: with relevance to Formation Evaluation, and that has strong scholastic merit.
Students undertaking projets in the following areas of study are encouraged to apply:
- Reservoir Characterisation
- Seismic-based Geophysics
- Unconventional Resources
- … or anything related to Formation Evaluation.
Applications are judged on technical merit, quality of submission and the potential of the candidate’s overall contribution to and impact on the formation evaluation community.
The recipient receives a substantial monetary award (currently AUD 5,000), and the opportunity to present the project at the FESAus monthly technical meeting.
Applications close: 31st September 2016
See flyer for full details. Please distribute it widely!
For any clarifications, contact: email@example.com.
Previous winners of the Hugh Crocker Scholarship:
Post Views: 4,220
- 2015: Not awarded.
- 2014: Mojtaba Rajabi, for his research on “Present Day Stress Field Australia”
- 2013: Michael Gray, from the Australian School of Petroleum (University of Adelaide) for his research on “Evaluation of seal potential for carbon dioxide storage in the present day near-shore coastal zone: Gippsland Basin, Australia.”.
- 2012: Igor Shikov, from the University of New South Wales, for his research on “The use of Low Field NMR for Unconventional Resources” (webcast).
- 2011: Medhi Alizadeh, from the University of New South Wales, in support of his research on “Numerical Rock Physics: an Image-Based Analysis of Stress-Dependent Permeability of Analog Reservoir Rocks”.
- 2010: Sefer Yanici, PhD candidate at the University of New South Wales, in support of his research on “Understanding non-Archie Behaviour at low water saturations using micro-CT analysis and Laboratory experiments”. Sefer presented an overview of his research at the FESAus Technical Meeting in Perth, on 1st March 2011 (webcast).
- 2009: Alon Arad, PhD Candidate at the Australian National Univesity (ANU) Research School of Earth Sciences, in support of his on-going research on Finite element modeling of geophysical and petrophysical properties of reservoir core. His award was presented at the SPWLA-2010 Conference in Perth.
- 2008: Judith McRobb, of the University of Adelaide, for her work on Improved Interpretation of Cooper Basin Facies.
- 2007: Megan Halbert, of the Curtin University of Technology School of Science and Technology, for work on Rock Physics Workflows & Inversion Feasibility Templates.
We would like to invite you to support The Formation Evaluation Society of Australia (FESAus). The support you provide is very valuable and enables us to continue providing technical presentations and courses to disseminate up to date information and technical know-how amongst the oil and gas community throughout Australia.
We provide monthly technical presentation events, annual technology and workshop forums (known as our master class events) that attract a variety of professionals from all parts of the industry. We also provide training courses and encourage graduates through the active participation of the society in the academic community. To this end we have the Hugh Crocker Scholarship, an annual grant of up to five thousand Australian dollars, awarded to the most promising student applicant in order to assist in the development of their technical research.
The majority of the events are videoed and documented to become a valuable resource for the wider Australian and global community on our website as FESAus webcasts. The website in itself has become a valuable resource within the Petroleum industry. From our count, the website has attracted several thousand referrals from around 150 cities representing every major petroleum province in the world.
FESAus offers the following sponsorship options:
- $ 5,000.00 AUD (excl. GST) FESAus Sponsorship Package
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) Annual FESAus Website Sponsorship: with your logo on the website home page, linked as per your specification
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) Monthly Technical Meeting Sponsorship : exclusive opportunity
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) Monthly Technical Meeting Webcast Sponsorship
- $ 750.00 AUD (excl. GST) Monthly Technical Meeting & Webcast Sponsorship Combined
- $ 1000.00 AUD (excl. GST) New Technology Forum Sponsorship (presenter): mandatory for all presenting companies, limited to approx. nine companies, scheduled for September
- $ 500.00 AUD (excl. GST) New Technology Forum Sponsorship (non-presenter): limited to five companies, scheduled for September
- $ 1000.00 AUD (excl. GST) Master Class Event and Webcast Sponsorship : limited to five companies, scheduled for Q3
More specific details on each specific sponsorship package and a downloadable FESAus Sponsorship Booking Form are available here.
Sponsorship payments can be made online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.orgPost Views: 5,120