FESAus undertake various projects inline with its mission.
The most significant project in 2010 was hosting the SPWLA 2010 51st International Symposium
Currently active projects are:
Due to our many varied commitments, these projects have taken a long-term character, but remain of great interest and actuality.
If you have a specific interest in any topic related to Standards or Best Practices, we may be interested in working with you on this. Contact us!
You Might also like
A main mission of the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia is to promote the diffusion of knowledge on Formation Evaluation in many different ways.
Here are some of our related activities:
Post Views: 3,253
- Every year, FESAus awards the Hugh Crocker Scholarship to a full time post graduate student in Australia, who is undertaking a project: with relevance to Formation Evaluation, and that has scholastic merit.
- FESAus has an Education Ambassador who is a senior Formation Evaluation professional keen to communicate to young adults and students his enthusiasm for the discipline and the industry, and to share some of his insights and stories.
- Since 2009, the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia promotes a “Distinguished Lectures” series, to bring landmark lectures to audiences across Australia.
Become a member (or renew your current membership)
If you have an interest in Formation Evaluation and a link to Australia, we invite you to join the Formation Evaluation Society of Australia. For a very small yearly fee you will:
- be the first to know about the monthly technical meetings, the courses, and other events relating to Formation Evaluation in Australia,
- benefit from preferred rates for most of these events,
- be able to access member-only content such as recent webcasts of technical meetings,
- gain privileged access to a network of professionals and students of Formation Evaluation, from industry and academia.
Signing up and renewal are all done online, by selecting here the option that correspond to your situation:
- Become a FESAus member if you are not presently one (same for all including employed, students, retired, independents, etc)
- Become a FESAus member if you are not presently one but are an Australia-based SPWLA member in good standing
- Renew your current or just-lapsed FESAus membership (requires login)
- Renew your current or just-lapsed FESAus membership if you are an Australia-based SPWLA member in good standing (requires login)2016 only:
Membership to SPWLA for full-time students is fully sponsored by Baker-Hughes – follow instructions here.
SPWLA members: As the Australian Chapter of the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA), FESAus encourages and will support you to become a member of SPWLA also. If you are already a member of SPWLA in good standing for the membership period (see next point), and you are based in Australia, then your FESAus membership is free; however you must still register with FESAus, which is done online by clicking the 2nd link above.
Membership period: when you join the Society, your membership is for the current calendar year if you sign up by 30 September, and it is for the remainder of the year and the entire following year if you sign up after 30 September. Subsequent renewals are by calendar years.
Membership lapse: at the end of a calendar year, an email will be sent you to invite you to renew your membership. If you do not renew it, your membership account will be cancelled after a few months.
Membership renewal: membership renewal process is similar to the signup process, but without the need to create new username and password. Make sure you login first before clicking here to RENEW.
SPWLA members click here to renew your FESAus membership and follow instructions.
SPWLA membership vs. FESAus membership: to clarify, SPWLA membership entitles Australia-based members to FESAus membership upon request (2nd link above), but FESAus membership does not give you membership in SPWLA and you need to apply to SPWLA separately become an SPWLA member.
If you are having any problem with the online membership registration, please email webmaster @fesaus.org, with a brief description of the problem.Post Views: 3,999
The composition of the FESAus committee for 2016 is listed below.
You can contact any of these people by sending a message to admin @ fesaus.org, mentioning the intended addressee in the Subject.
FESAus Position Name Professional Affiliation PresidentNariman Nouri
Shell Development Australia
Vice-President & Company ComplianceAdrian Manescu Baker Hughes TreasurerWesley Emery Consultant SecretaryLeanne Brennan Administrator Past PresidentMike Walker Walker Petrophysics FESAus Company Secretary
Assistant TreasurerCallum Rideout
Task Geoscience Inter-Society LiaisonYang Xingwang Schlumberger Monthly Tech. Meeting
Shell Development Australia New Tech. Forum CoordinatorBen van Deijl Woodside Jean Louden Woodside Interstate RepresentativesLouise Christensen (Victoria) ExxonMobilCarrie Trembath (South Australia) Beach Petroleum Barbara Stummer (South Australia) SantosNariman Nouri (Western Australia) Shell Development Australia Matt Dubsky (New South Wales) Oil Search LtdHarris Khan (New South Wales) Oil Search LtdThomas Gan (Queensland) Shell / Arrow EnergyEric Tenthorey (ACT) CO2CRC /
Education GroupGerry McGann Incremental Oil and Gas Zuraidah Zuraidah SantosMatthew Josh CSIRO Petroleum Hugh Crocker Scholarship AwardGerry McGann
Incremental Oil and Gas
Membership CoordinatorScott Cole
Sponsorship CoordinatorAndrea Paxton
Jennie Carson Chevron Data standards & Best PracticesMartin Storey
Well Data QA
Yang Xingwang Schlumberger Special Events & Awards / Compliance Coordinator(vacant) Audio-Visual TeamNigel Deeks Schlumberger WebsiteScott Cole ChevronMartin Storey Well Data QA Social CoordinatorLeanne Brennan AdministratorPost Views: 3,673