FESAus website documentation: DRAFT
How to fix CiviMail when it stops sending messages
We have had a number of instances when CiviMail seems to work but messages don’t actually get sent out. We found two different problems: either the cron job was stopped or had disappeared, or the cron job mailbox had filled up. Here are the 2 solutions:
- If the cron job has disappeared or stopped, go to hostmonster / cpanel / cron jobs and restart or create the following cron job:
wget -O /dev/null ‘http://www.fesaus.org/new/administrator/components/com_civicrm/civicrm/bin/civimail.cronjob.php?name=cron&pass=Pec********####&key=@Pec********####’ where Pec********#### is the password we’ve used.
- If the cron job mailbox filled up:
– Log into hostmonster
– Select the “Email Accounts” in the Email Section
– This gives you a display which shows the space left in firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. (no-reply was at 110/250 Mb quota, I have just purged it again tonight)
– Click on the More button to access the firstname.lastname@example.org webmail (password Pec********#### with no exclaimation mark)
– Select an email reader to use. I recommend Horde as it has a “Empty Folder” option (icon above messages pane) to purge to entire Intray in a single click
– Select Inbox, then click on Empty Folder (icon to right of Inbox Title)
- If you experience any problem or find something unclear or incorrect on this page, please contact the webmasters
Please treat this information confidentially, particularly your user id and password for FESAus website administration.
Written by Martin Storey and Scott Cole on 12-Aug-2012 and 4-Mar-2013, entered by Martin Storey on 5-Mar-2013