Outline of procedure:
1. Upload the minutes document onto the website.
2. Edit the Admin page to add a mention of the new minutes, and a hyperlink to the document.
3. Check that it all worked.
Before starting, you need to have:
- The digital document of the minutes of the meeting (usually a PDF, but could be any format).
- Website Joomla backend privileges.
1. Uploading of the minutes document onto the website.
- Log on to the back end of the website (www.fesaus.org/administrator).
- Go to Media Manager
- Go to Media / Meeting_Minutes.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on “Browse”, select the document containing the minutes (typically similar to: “2010-02_FESAus_Minutes.pdf”), then click on “Start Upload”.
- Wait until the upload is completed and verify that the new document now appears in the list just above the loading buttons.
- If you have more than one file to upload, repeat the previous two points as many times as required.
2. Editing of the Admin page to add a mention of the new minutes, and a hyperlink to the document.
- Still in the back-end of the website, go to the “Article Manager” (in the pull-down menu “Content”).
- Look for the article ID#97 called “FESAus Administration area (for the Committeee)” and click to edit it. You can find this article quickly by filtering on “Admin”.
- In the table of minutes, add the necessary content (e.g. “August”), then highlight it and click on the hyperlink icon to add a link (that icon looks like the rungs of a chain with a green “+” sign).
- In the “Advanced Link” window that opens, click on the first icon, “Browse”. Locate the file containing the document to link: under Meeting_Minutes, select it, and click on the “Insert” button.
- At the bottom of the window, under “Attributes” and “target”, select “Open in New Window”.
- Click on the “Update” button. This should have introduced a hyperlink on your new content.
- Now save the article by clicking on the “Save” icon at the top of the window.
- If you have no more edits to do in the website backend, log out.
3. Checking that it all worked.
- Go to the Admin page, confirm that the new content is present, click on it and verify that the new document opens in a separate window.
- If so, you are done.
- If you experience any problem or find something unclear or incorrect on this page, please contact the webmasters
Please treat this information confidentially, particularly your user id and password for FESAus website administration.
Written by Martin Storey on 26-Aug-2010